- Content Notes
- Lesson and Activities
- Lesson 1-Living Systems-Where do we fit?
- Lesson 2- Explore Your "Wild" World!>
- Lesson 3- Building Food Chains and Food Webs>
- Lesson 4- Owls- A Mighty Predator
- Lesson 5- About Ecosystems>
- Lesson 6- We Are Explorers! (day1 of 2 lessons)>
- Lesson 7- We Are Explorers (day 2 of 2 lessons)
- Lesson 8-A Closer Look at Communities
- Lesson 9- What's in the Water?
- Lesson 10- Our Environment/Our World>
- Websites for Kids
- Books Used Throughout Lessons 1-10
- Assessment Page
Unit Resource- Strand: Living Systems- Standard 3.5,3.6
My Name is Mary Kate Skeppstrom, and I am currently enrolled as a graduate student in the Teacher Licensure Program at the University of Richmond. This site includes 10 days of instruction filled with interactive activities to connect students to content. My goal is to provide students an engaging way to investigate, analyze, and learn about ecosystems. My hope is that while students study and observe varied ecosystems throughout the world, they will come to appreciate the diversity of the plants and animals that make up our global community as well as the vital role each plays in maintaining balance.